Monday, November 27, 2006

These are a few of my favourite blogs...

People have been hassling me to update my blog, but in actual fact, I have drafts of a few posts already begun, but they just don't seem to want to finish themselves. I guess they will when the time is right. Anyways, this gives me the opportunity to blog about something I've been meaning to for a while: other blogs. Other blogs that I really like, in fact.

We start with a couple blogs of people I don't know personally, but kinda wish I did. Rockslinga is the blog of young, up-and-coming (or perhaps "already made it"), award-winning Palestinian author, Randa Jarrar. In it she poignantly and oftentime humourously writes about topics as varied as Palestinian politics and literature to single-motherhood. Also dealing with the topic of Palestine and the Middle East more generally is Susannah Tarbush's blog, The Tanjara. Not much information is given about "Starbush," but she seems like a person I'd be friends with.

On to people I actually know, we start with my friend Deena, who apparently has some..."interesting"...admirers on myspace. She has therefore decided to share her bliss with us through her blog, Freak of the Week. Next, there's Balcancan, and her blog, Balkan Babble. I wish I could tell you exactly what this blog is about but Balcancan is the ultimate Queen of Randomosity, and therefore defies definition. Last, but not remotely least, is Seriously? Seriously, the blog of my good friend and dear drinking buddy par excellence, Industriage. Watch, as she and her co-author, V, eruditely hold forth on...well...just about everything. Guaranteed to be entertaining, amusing, and enlightening. Oh, and she told me in an email that if she read the name "Daniel Craig" one more time, she'd have to go see the movie...so: Daniel Craig. Yes, I realize that's twice.

Okay, so, there you have it, some of my favourite blogs. Feeling left out? Ignored? Generally unloved? Feel free to post your blog link in the comments section.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home