Monday, October 02, 2006

having a bad *fill in the blank* day

Everyone has had bad hair days. Thankfully, nature and genetics will soon rid me of this dire prospect. I've also heard of people having "fat" days. How one can gain so significant an amount of weight overnight is beyond me, unless one is inclined towards sleep-walking to the nearest McDonald's or any other similar dining establishment. Today, however, I had a bad tie day. I had to tie my tie 5 or 6 times before I got both the length and knot right. This is rather unusual given that I am rather adept at tying ties and can always get it right on the first try. This isn't the first time I've noticed this though. Just like having a bad hair day, it seems like every once in a while, I just can't get my tie tied right before several tries.

So, what odd "bad _____ days" do you encounter?

3 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Blogger Balcancan said...

How about bad TRANSPORT day? Which in London seems to be pretty much a common occurrence!

As to a cure for the tie dilemma - have you considered the possibilty of a bow-tie?

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger The Bedouin Project said...

Bad transport day aka every day. Too commonplace to warrant its own title. Seriously though, don't slag off the London transport system. Libya's bus sustem consists of micro-buses whizzing by with someone hanging out the passenger-side window yelling out the destination. The locals seem capable of using it just fine, but it's a complete mystery to me.

As for bow-ties...they're harder to tie, no? Will give it a shot sometime

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Balcancan said...

Ok, but next time i get driven to and dropped of in the middle of nowhere in north-west london by a seriously stoned bus driver and i try the Libya tactic of yelling the actual destination at the driver can i call it a bad transport day?
Also bow-tie...yes, so you. You can get a sticky one. Im thinking red polka-dots. Start getting used to it now. Your future in academia demands it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home