Friday, August 26, 2005

Hello faithful readers

I'm sure many of you have excitedly checked my blog as of late only to be disappointed by the lack of any new posts. I will confess that I haven't updated it in a while, but only because nothing noteworthy has really happened (Pat Robertson's deranged rants notwithstanding).

Next week is my last week of work (YAAAY!) after which I will begin packing for London. Nes and I have been working on compiling a list of things that we'll need immediately (within the first day or two) in London. I've included it below and would greatly welcome any additional items you can think of so that I don't end up S.O.L.

Kitchen:
Pots and pans
Plates, bowls, Tupperware
Cups, mugs
Utensils
Salt, oil, vinegar, rice, pasta, water, milk, cereal, tea, sugar

Bathroom:
Toilet paper
Soap
Toothpaste
Shampoo/conditioner
Tissues
Q-tips
Gel
Lotion
Deodorant
toothbrush
towels

Room:
Desk lamp
Candles
Pillow
sheets, covers
Laptop case
Microphone for lappy (n.b. that's Nes's wording)
Bookshelf type apparatus?


School supplies
Pens
Paper
Highlighters
Scissors
Stapler
Folders
Waterproof bag

T minus 27 days.

5 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For your information, "lappy" is the scientific word for laptop. Duh. Have you realized that our tentative first couple days' list is going to make us so poor? Cause it's a doozy. Who says doozy?!

 
At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A few things to add to the list:
-kitchen cleaning products
-bathroom cleaning products
-laundry detergent

On an unrelated note, how come Ussama never comments on your posts?

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Balcancan said...

Dettol/bleach. A big bad-ass bottle of. To soak dorm room in.

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger The Bedouin Project said...

Thanks all for your input, it's greatly appreciated. As I have no experience living away from home/in a dorm. I welcome the advice of those wiser in the ways of the world than I.

Nes: I don't know why Ussama doesn't comment on here. I think it's because he's a jerk-face

Nicki: Freudian slippers perhaps? I really do want to get a pair of big fuzzy slippers.

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger The Bedouin Project said...

In retrospect, my Ryan wife-beater was an ill-considered choice.

Do people still say wife-beater? I really don't like that word...what's the new PC word for those things Ryan wears?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home