Tuesday, August 16, 2005

"Not that bad" my foot!

After posting the picture for my visa application I received several messages from well-intentioned but undoubtedly delusional individuals to the effect of "it's not that bad."

I still hold, however, that I've seen more flattering mugshots. Take for instance, Bill Gates, who clearly knows how to take a reckless driving charge in stride:














Now I know what you're thinking: "That's not a terribly good picture of Bill Gates!" In response let me just say that Bill Gates doesn't generally make for a terribly good picture. I think this one is rather flattering. Just look at those pearly whites!

Heck, even the prospect of food and sleep deprivation, solitary confinement, having your holy text desecrated and, worst of all, having to wear jumpsuits in that horrible shade of orange that doesn't flatter anyone wasn't enough to dampen the spirits of one jovial Guantanamo inmate:




















So, in fine, let me just say I appreciate the good intentions of those who didn't think my picture wasn't too bad, but let's not kid ourselves. If you would like to say anything nice about it, how about complimenting my decision not to wear orange?

3 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Blogger Balcancan said...

Ok. Fine. Even Bill Gates is sexier than you. Happy?

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger The Bedouin Project said...

Do you think after the picture, the guy was like "Hi there, could I get doubles of those?"

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Balcancan said...

I was just thinking. They look suspiciously like photobooth pictures. A Guantanmo photobooth. They may torture, but they do have all the modern comforts of a mall. Oh the irony.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home