Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Ripping, cleaning, packing...

...That about sums up what I've been doing on this, the first day of freedom from the indentured servitude that I euphimistically called "work." Now that I don't have to stare at a glowing box from 9 to 5 for the better part of the week, I have begun my London preparations with gusto. As I type, I am ripping nearly my entire CD collection to my hard drive so that I don't have to lug all my disks to London. Just finished ripping Dvorak's 9th Symphony (From the New World) and will start ripping Rachmaninoff's second symphony in a moment. Also in the mix I've got some Brahms, Elgar, Beethoven, Saint-Saens, Dave Brubeck, with my only non-classical/Jazz CDs being The Cranberries "To the Faithful Departed" and "No Need to Argue," the latter being the first ever (and one of the few) non-classical/jazz CD that I have bought.

Once I'm done ripping CDs I seriously need to clean up my room. It looks like Katrina made a quick stop at Chez Joe around here. This leads logically into packing...

...once my room has achieved some semblance of order (read: I can see the floor), I will proceed to begin packing. To me, packing is not simply a necessary chore one performs prior to travelling, it is a delicate art, to be performed with grace and panache, a dance if you will. I will first lay out everything that I intend to take with me. I will then eye my luggage, much like a hawk soaring high in the skies eyes its prey prior to swooping down upon it. Subsequently, I will determine some system for packing, shirts on the bottom, pants on top, vice versa, or shirts on the right pants on the left. Nor should I forget the sweaters, jackets, underwear, socks, and other odds and ends that I plan on taking with me. All will be accounted for. My luggage is like Noah's ark...not that I own two of everything...

Alright, well, I best get back to CD ripping...if you think of any "Ooh, don't forget to bring _____" items which are commonly forgotten, please let me know.

Salaam.

T minus 15 days.

11 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Anonymous nes said...

Umm, you're a dork.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger deena said...

What Nesma said.

Oooh, don't forget to pack underwear.

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Janice said...

A picture of me.

Don't forget.

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Balcancan said...

Where do you pack the pink shirts?
I seriously hope you dont label everything in your suitcase...

 
At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are missing something very special from your list of interests

 
At 8:51 PM, Anonymous kaelyn the coolest said...

my tummy hurts, wah!

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger deena said...

Oh, also, don't forget your speed, so you can stay up all night talking to me on MSN.

 
At 5:08 AM, Blogger rainbabysrevenge said...

Towels! Never go anywhere without a towel. Seriously man... did Douglas Adams teach us nothing?
And Bathrobe. Especially if you're going to be in halls. Because every other week there will be a 3am fire alarm, and unless you have streaker like tendencies i somehow failed to notice, i suggest you have something like that to stop you dying of hypothermia in your first term (and flashing innocent neighbours). It would spoil our fun greatly... no point you coming over here just to freeze to death because of a stupid fire alarm.
And keep burning! In a few short weeks you will be immeresed in a godforsaken land where the likes of Bob the Builder and the Crazy Frog regularly top the charts. The British mainstream charts are a dark and sinister place...

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Balcancan said...

I hear yah sister.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger deena said...

Wireless Internet Card!

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Balcancan said...

Teddy bear. Never go anywhere without your teddy bear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home