Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The Waning Days of Waterloo

Well, the countdown continues, and I'm actually finished packing, though methinks I'll be rearranging my luggage a few times yet. I thought I could get away with one piece of luggage, and technically I still can as it is only a few kilos over the free allowance meaning either they'll let it slide or have me pay a little extra, but I figure why pay extra when I could empty some of it into another bag and get it onto the plane for free. I'll probably put some of the extra weight into the big backpack I took backpacking with me around Europe last year and check that as luggage, that way I'll have it in London with me if I ever go on some kind of excursion. Okay, I'm boring myself with this luggage talk...

Next weekend is going to be the big Goodbye Weekend. Kaelyn and Rob are coming to Waterloo friday night and then hopefully the three of us will be meeting up with some of my Laurier chums (Janice, Julian, Rob, Heather, that means you) for an evening of drinking and debauchery. Then on saturday, Kaelyn, Rob, my mother, brother and myself will go to Mississauga to visit all the relatives/family friends there and say my goodbyes.

The fact that I'm leaving in just over a week really hasn't sunk in yet. Maybe it will next weekend with all the goodbyes and whatnot, but more likely it won't hit me until my first night in my dorm room. Getting close though....getting close...

well, it's midnight here, so I guess I can say it's 13th, which means it's...

T minus 8 days

6 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I promised myself I wouldnt cry!

So do you need anything as a goodbye present?

Books etc...

I need an idea~!

 
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jo,
take my advice: splitting your luggage is a great idea! If one gets lost, the other usually arrives with you... Make sure you have at least one pair of shoes in each piece...

Also, once you think you've packed all that you need and before you close your suitcase, close your eyes and randomly pick one third of your belongings. These will be the ones that you will not need... Spoken from years and years of my own contry-moving experience (I never do that and then I always regret...) :)

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger The Bedouin Project said...

Janice: I have on my desk the Fall/winter edition of Harry, the Harry Rosen magazine. The Arnold Brant velvet pinstripe jacket on page 90 will do just fine.

Agata: YAY! Thanks for dropping by the blog! And thank you doubly for your words of wisdom. I already de facto removed a third of my belongings by not packing them in the first place. I was very meticulous about what I packed...mainly because the less clothing I bring, the more I can buy from London!

Deena: Of course you'll miss me...you should be missing me right now...I'm awesome.

 
At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still haven't even come to terms with the fact that you're leaving... what'll I do without you? Who is going to proofread my essays????

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Balcancan said...

We will corrupt him and send him back to you guys. The London ghetto awaits...umbrellas at dawn.

 
At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i will miss you forever, you know who i am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home