Monday, September 19, 2005

Last post from Waterloo

Hello All,

So, I think this is going to be my final post from Waterloo. Hopefully the next time I write, it'll be from jolly ol' England, meaning that you'll have to read everything I write in an English accent.

When I left Kuwait at the end of highschool in 2001 it was with great joy and jubilation. "I'm never going to miss that place," I told myself. Well, simply put, I was wrong, I miss a great many things about that place, not the least of which are the people I met there, so I'm not going to repeat that mistake again. If there's one thing I've learned so far it's to never say never or forever. Life confronts us with a whole host of unexpected variables beyond our control that we must cope with. It is often in the face of these adversities that we truly thrive.

Therefore, my departure from Waterloo is a bittersweet experience. It hasn't always been my most favourite of places, but it is a place where I've learned much about myself, grown as an individual, and met many people whom I love so dearly. The people around you can make or break an experience, and I'm happy to say that you people made my experience living here a decidedly positive one. Thank you all so very much for everything, all the laughs, the good times, the memories; I will fondly recall it all.

To those of you awaiting me in London...what can I say...I can't believe you couldn't book a few measly elephants for my arrival celebrations...sigh. Seriously though, it's so hard to believe that we've managed to keep in touch since highschool with all but a few fleeting meetings. You guys are a large part of the reason I'm so excited about the forthcoming year. It truly would not be the same without you.

So, to all, let's raise a glass to the past, present, and future, whatever it may bring.

Salut, and Salaam

T minus 2 days...

8 Comments:

At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You guys are a large part of the reason I'm so excited about the forthcoming year. It truly would not be the same without you."

Uhh, HELLO?! What about me?!

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger Balcancan said...

Nes - don't worry 'twas the elephants what won it. Only because we promised a red carpet welcome.

Joe I'm SORRY!?!?! Sheeeeesh. London Zoo couldn't lend us its elephants. The elephants refused to do it. Apparently "welcome party" wasn't in their contract. Well, they accepted, provided we could furnish each of their dressing rooms with a thousand poppies, and 5 silk dressing gowns for each. (I mean just think of the poor silk worms!?)

Seriously though - cheers! salute! na zdravje! 2 days!

 
At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know...some irreversable damage might already be done!

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger The Bedouin Project said...

Nes, you fall into the category of people that I'm meeting in London! Don't be permanently scarred!

 
At 5:55 AM, Blogger Balcancan said...

Channel 5 Elephant roller-skating???? What is that - like Elephant Big Brother - on roller-skates????
But....but... i don't understand. I offerred them....the world! Is that not ENOUGH!?

 
At 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poppies!
OMG we were so going to have poppies at our wedding when it hit me! Freisia! Who doesn't love Freisia!? Isn't that just the best? Even better, my uncle's cousin's daughter is a florist so we get family rates, and she said she could get the aubergine freisia to match our table settings, I brought a swatch if you want to take a look... It's going to be divine I swear....

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger The Bedouin Project said...

NOOOOOOOO!!!!! As if the recurring nightmares of a certain wedding-obsessed office-mate weren't enough, now she has invaded my cyber-realm too!

 
At 8:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I am the one who is going to make London the best experience. I am omnicient with help of our handy web cams so give me the recognition I deserve butt head!
FROM KAELYN

 

Post a Comment

<< Home